Old 20-09-2008, 05:02 PM posted to rec.gardens
John McGaw John McGaw is offline

Default ideas for temporary hot house?

enigma wrote:
we are getting close to freezing at night now, & my tomatoes
are still quite green. i'm looking for ideas, other than
tossing sheets over them at night, to get them through to
ripening.
anyone have or seen plans for some type of temporary hoop
house structure i could build over the rows? the extra heat
from a hoop house should help speed the ripening process, i
think, besides keeping frost off at night.
lee

There are plans and kits online available for the searching. This example:

http://westsidegardener.com/howto/hoophouse.html

could probably be scaled down quite easily to suit your purposes.

--
John McGaw
[Knoxville, TN, USA]