Old 20-09-2008, 05:53 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
a425couple a425couple is offline

Default do fish mind the thick mud?

wrote in ...
it is best to remove the muck using thick pads of polyester batting
without stirring up the muck, letting the fish rooting around gradually
stir it up. OR, move the
fish, clean out the muck, refill the tank and put the fish back in.
Ingrid

Just in an attempt to clear up any misunderstanding,

I clearly defer to 'dr-solo' being more expert than
I am in such matters.
The problem is probably that I am too ignorant to
understand and thus follow her advise.
What / where is "polyester batting"
- in a 'clothing' type fabric store?
- in a hardware store like Home Depot or Lowes,
-- and if so in which type aisle - furnace filters etc.??
- in a normal nursery?
How exactly do I follow this advise to get the
"muck" onto the "polyester batting"?

But meanwhile, I have buckets, and I understand
'bucket technology', and I have a "wet/dry vac."
and I understand (ok - kind'a understand) it's use.