Old 20-09-2008, 07:14 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
a425couple a425couple is offline

Default It's not nice to fool with Mother Nature

"Chris Barnes" wrote ...
Derek Broughton wrote:
"Thanks" to their protected species status?

Generally there are 2 main causes to bird population decreases:
Habitat reduction is one, but is in 2nd place.
Predation is the other and is in 1st place, ---
So what new predator is accounting for the
losses of birds?
A: pets who are allowed to roam free (mostly cats). ---

Which explains why I shoot cats - ALL CATS - straying on my property
(yes, I live out in the country). If they are wearing a collar, I shoot
them twice.

Without wishing to get into a long
unproductive (as in 'heated' & changing no one's view)
discussion, ,
(but wishing also to avoid "silence deeming consent") :

I'll just say, your above comment, causes me sadness,
and I'd think it unwise behavior.
I've seen real tragedies come from even lesser acts.