Old 20-09-2008, 09:15 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Gail Futoran Gail Futoran is offline

Default new fish

Well, I decided I had too many fish for my little ponds. I advertised
in a free online trading post, and gave most away to a guy who has a
1/8 acre pond and wanted some fish. I kept the big ones and some dark
bronze throw-backs in the inground pond. Looking at my one poor
shubunkin in the 150 gallon stocktank - all alone!! - I decided to buy
more fish. Heh. That wasn't the plan when I advertised to lower the
population. Fortunately a nice place called Water Garden Gems is only
a few miles from me, so I drove over there and bought 4 shubunkin ($9
each, but you get a fourth free when you buy 3), about 1/2 the size of
mine but still a good size (about 4" nose to tail). Now I'm trying to
train them to not run away when I look in on them. I'm finding food
works (well, of course...).

Gail
near San Antonio TX