Old 21-09-2008, 05:59 AM
Tim Perry Tim Perry is offline
Registered User

I have to agree about the goji berries. The other half bought some from a health food shop in Dereham, cost something stupid and tasted like washed out rasins. They grow easy enough though, I just squeezed some seeds out onto compost and they sprouted within the week. I only tried em 'cos they're so pricey, can't understand why no-one grows them here commercially. My plants are about 18 inches tall now, but watch out for greenfly.
I'm dead envious about those figs, mine don't so much have seeds in, more like brown and white gritty bits. I don't know what variety it is 'cos they were grown from a cutting I nicked from mums garden, she's 95 now and don't do too much outside, but she got hers from a scrounged cutting, so who knows what it is supposed to be.
I don't feel so ancient now I know I'm 10 years younger than Rusty, cheers for that.
Today the greengrocer gave me a Lychee to taste, very sweet and a bit like a grape, of course I had to plant the pip - just can't resist doing that. Well, it's got 2 choices.

Tim.