Old 21-09-2008, 02:22 AM posted to rec.gardens
hubops hubops is offline

Default ideas for temporary hot house?

we are getting close to freezing at night now, & my tomatoes
are still quite green. i'm looking for ideas, other than
tossing sheets over them at night, to get them through to
ripening.
anyone have or seen plans for some type of temporary hoop
house structure i could build over the rows? the extra heat
from a hoop house should help speed the ripening process, i
think, besides keeping frost off at night.
lee

I've not tried it - but heard that if you pull the plant out - roots
and all - and hang it upside down, indoors, the fruit will ripen just
fine.
jt