Old 21-09-2008, 11:16 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
none none is offline

Default Bay laurel

I have one in the back yard and we get frost all winter with a severe
frost maybe twice a winter. Doesn't even blink. Also if it needs pruning
you're not using enough! Give away leaves to your friends and yes, use
them in your cupboards and jars.
jules

Graham wrote:
wrote in message
I would think fall is the best time.
I just pinch mine as I need leafs. I take from the ends to promote
bushier growth. They can grow up to 40 feet tall.

Thanks! I doubt that mine will ever reach that! The climate in Alberta
won't allow it unless I build a bloody great greenhouse{;-)
Graham