Old 21-09-2008, 06:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike' 'Mike' is offline

Default Ants in the lawn

"Alan" wrote in message
In message , 'Mike'
wrote

"Astral Voyager" wrote in message
My house was built on the site of an old orchard - so I am well familiar
with ants. I have even had nests inside the house :-(

The best solution to ants I have found is NIPPON Ant Killer Liquid. It
comes in 30ml tubes. It is a sugary solution and contains Borax. It is
not
an instant kill but the foraging ants take it back to the nest and feed
it
to the colony and queen. This destroys the problem at source.

Amazing this year I have been pretty free of ants. I think I have only
seen one trying to sneak through the front door.

--
eBid - The Friendlier Online Auction Site
Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy

Thanks a lot for that info. I did the hot water treatment by pouring
boiling
water down the holes I could see. A couple of ants the next day, but none
since. Will get some Nippon next time we are in the Garden Centre and keep
it handy

Why do readers of this group believe that ants in a lawn or a compost heap
are a problem?

--
Alan
news2006 {at} amac {dot} f2s {dot} com

From my original posting :-)

Having killed the Moss with weed and feed, a bare patch has now been taken
over with an Ants nest and they are pulling all the earth up and spreading
it around.

HELP. Any suggestions?

Mike for Joan
--

Problem? They are (WERE) spreading the earth about and spoiling the lawn.

OK?

who mentioned compost heaps?????