Old 22-09-2008, 02:28 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
bulka bulka is offline

Default Anyone have any good pear recipes?

On Sep 16, 3:41 pm, "Lilah Morgan" wrote:
Thanks for all the replies, I am looking forward to trying the recipes.

Poached in wine, with cloves, cinnamon. Served with vanilla ice
cream. That's nice.

Last week I made pies, like apple pie, but with pears.

Found an old book at a yardsale. I've got a few jars of pear/tomato
chutney and pickeled pears. I have no idea.

Last year I found somewhere online a recipie for a spicy pear/tomato
jam (trying to use my big crops). Really great on ham sandwiches.
Needs the whole canning procedure.

I'm new here, but I'll work on learning the local etiquite.

bulka