Old 22-09-2008, 02:23 PM
Tim Perry Tim Perry is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Hinge 2 View Post

Any Brown Turkey will do.

There are clones of mine all round the village now.

Rusty
"clones of mine" - I take it you mean fig trees, or is there something else you are telling us.?

I'll try one with Brown Turkey, the other with Brunswick,
'cos it's supposed to be a little earlier than Turkey, and see how it goes.

Back to the Passion flowers, I tried to grow P, alata, but not one seed grew. Both that and P. mollissima produce edible fruit, but the flowers give a better show than P. edulis, and P. caerulea although pretty does not give edible fruit. P. vitifolia and P. actinia both need a large greenhouse.

Anywho, I'll have a bash at growing Hunzas, and if they don't do well, I'll just blame Rusty.

If my boy has the patience to show me how, I'll post some photos later.

Tim.