Old 22-09-2008, 01:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
mogga mogga is offline

Default Ants in the lawn

On Mon, 22 Sep 2008 10:09:47 +1000, "FarmI" ask@itshall be given
wrote:

"Alan" wrote in message

Why do readers of this group believe that ants in a lawn or a compost heap
are a problem?

:-)) Good question.

I find all the wildlife in my garden very interesting and that includes most
of the insects that chomp their way through my best plants. I find it's
best to plant one for me and one for the wildlife and that way we both get
what we want/need.

There's nothing better than sitting and watching the ants out foraging
in the sun. They can carry amazing chunks of material about.

We used to be very cruel and nosey when we were kids lifting up the
stone path to see the ants paths and eggs underneath.
--
http://www.freedeliveryuk.co.uk
http://www.holidayunder100.co.uk