Old 22-09-2008, 08:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mary Fisher Mary Fisher is offline

Default Damson Trees?

"Nick Maclaren" wrote in message

In article ,
"Mary Fisher" writes:

| Yours sounds like a throwback; the smallest Prunus domestica that I
| know of is mirabelle, and they are still larger than sloes and about
| as big as cherries. Most damsons are bantam's egg sized.
|
| What breed of bantam?
|
| :-)

All right, pullet's egg sized, if you prefer :-)

I was referring to the traditional measure of size, which was fairly
standard (if completely nonsensical), not yer actual bantams ....

Bantam eggs are smaller than standard hens' eggs but different bantam breeds
have different sized eggs. Even my two Wyandotte bantams lay different sized
eggs, the Croad Langshan bantam lays bigger eggs.

Bantams are as different in size and size of eggs as are standard breeds.

Mary

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.