Old 22-09-2008, 06:28 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Nan & Rich Zitney Nan & Rich Zitney is offline

Default new fish

On Sep 21, 1:44 pm, ~ jan wrote:
On Sun, 21 Sep 2008 03:45:36 EDT, "Gail Futoran"

wrote:
Is it possible something's getting your babies?

Don't know, hard to believe it would get them all. I even saw a couple of
taddies make to some size, and that was with me removing every egg cluste

to a fish safe area. I figured if a taddy or two could make it hidden fro

the fish, surely fish eggs & fry would. If it wasn't for seeing the taddi

es
I would suspect the fish, even though I've been feeding them this year.
Where before I never fed the goldfish in the lily pond and they've thrive

and produced. s

cheaper sources. For the pleasure they give me, $27 + tax is well
worth it. Especially if I get babies in the spring. Gai

I fully agree! ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds:www.jjspond.us

I tried skimming the bottom of the pond the day ours spawned and put
everything I picked up into a smaller fishless pond. Still no babies
here either. We thought the fish were eating the eggs, but I thought
we'd end up with SOME babies. In 17 years of ponding we've had only 3
babies survive!!
And we've had many fewer frogs here too.
Nan in DE