Old 22-09-2008, 10:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rusty Hinge 2 Rusty Hinge 2 is offline

Default Fruity Corner

The message
from Tim Perry contains these words:
Rusty Hinge 2;816847 Wrote:
Just thought I'd be wicked and wave my figs under Tim's nose innit!

Rusty
Direct reply to: horrid dot squeak snailything zetnet point co period
uk
Separator in search of a sig

Very nice, Rusty, but just a bit wicked.
Still, I've got 10 years to catch up,
I can see I'd better use them wisely.

Mine get fed daily: since they live beside the bathroom, I have bored a
hole through the window-frame and squeezed a length of hosepipe through.

Inside, there is a funnel which hangs up on the curtain-rail, and
outside, there is enough pipe to reach the figs, and the grape vine.

Most of the time I give it hand-washing water, shaving water &c, and if
the weather is particularly dry, I give the lion's share of the
bathwater to the vine and a few gallons to the fig.

Otherwise the bathwater flushes the pan and only the dregs get to feed
the fruit.

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig