Old 23-09-2008, 08:38 AM posted to rec.gardens
Paul Kaye Paul Kaye is offline

Default Mini palm tree fungus

On Sep 22, 8:45*pm, "Buderschnookie" wrote:
"Paul Kaye" wrote in message

news:2e8bb241-f188-4438-aba4- We've had this plant/tree for a few years but
recently a white growth

is appearing on the trunk. It appears to be a fungus but, as I say, I
have no knowledge whatsoever. Photos of the problem:
http://www.brookwade.com/palm2.jpg
http://www.brookwade.com/palm3.jpg

That is not fungus, it is scale.
Rub off as much as you can then use insecticidal soap.

--
Toni
Hills of Kentucky

Hi Toni,

Thanks for your reply. What exactly is a scale? Is it at all
detrimental to the health of the plant or is it just an aesthetic
issue?

Paul