Old 24-09-2008, 11:32 PM
Tim Perry Tim Perry is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Maclaren View Post

Well, I wouldn't rate them that highly - but that is a matter of taste!
The UK supermarket versions of most imported fruit are pale shadows of
what they can be, for the reason you give, and that they need to be
picked underripe for transport.

| If you want a super-delicious plum that can be grown in England,
| needing a good summer to ripen it, try Coe's Golden Drop.

Or Cambridge gage, or ....

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.
Supermarket, humm, can't remember the last time I visited one,
except to buy diesel.

My favourite plum WAS a Belle de Louvain, but now I'm not so sure.

But it was mainly the size of the fruit that I was commenting on,
and how meagerly a Victoria looks by comparison.

Tim.