Old 26-09-2008, 09:36 AM posted to aus.gardens
bassett bassett is offline

Default best value water tanks??

"bassett" wrote in message

(snip) As for being thicker at the base, that's a load of bullshit, and
the guy that suggested that has no bloody idea.
How do I know all this. I've been on tank water for the last 25 years,
and all by tanks are now Poly.

What rot.

Tanks with thicker plastic at the bottom and lower part of the walls is
preferred by experienced rural dwellers as many farmers have found that
poly tanks that aren't thicker on the bottom and lower walls split.

Name a brand of tank that has a thicker wall at the base, As for splitting
that's only likely if you attempt to move the thing while partly full, and
most of the reputable brands have a 25 year guarantee