Old 26-09-2008, 09:43 AM posted to aus.gardens
bassett bassett is offline

Default best value water tanks??

"David Hare-Scott" wrote in message

..

Pressure pumps, while giving the convenience of mains pressure, have

Mains pressure will be a big expensive pump. Cheaper ones with less than
mains pressure are OK for the garden.

a sinister side: while you are at work they can completely empty your
tank, and if you are really unlucky, dump it all onto your bathroom
floor. An advantage of placing the pressure pump where you will hear
it in operation is so that in the middle of the night you can ask
yourself, "Why is that pump going?!" and in short time discover that
someone has left a garden tap turned on.

This is true. You must make sure your plumbing is good, especially
polypipe joints are not as reliable as metal. As well as wasting water
and soaking somewhere you don't want soaked a leak or tap left on may burn
out the pump motor if it runs dry. My garden tank is turned off at the
valve and the motor switched off when not in use for this reason.

David

What a load of paranoid rubbish, how do you think it works for people with
only a tank water supply and a pressure pump.
And a modern pressure pump is worth something like $120 , or there free
when you buy some tanks.
They don't need to be big or expensive.

So tell us , how long have you had a tank water supply. Your playing games
with a **** arsed little tank and a garden hose. You have no bloody idea.
All my solar water fittings are poly type and I,ve never had a problem.
with water pressure blow outs.

bassett