Old 26-09-2008, 09:27 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Amethyst Deceiver Amethyst Deceiver is offline

Default My climbing French beans

In article ,
says...
The message
from "Christina Websell" contains
these words:
"Christina Websell" wrote in message

Are a disaster this year. I planted them in May, they refused to flower
until recently although growing well. I have three tiny beans an inch
long and a few flowers now. Too late. Is it the weather?

They are now flowering like mad, far too late.

Plant earlier next year?

When would you suggest? I planted mine in April, May and June, as the
various packets suggested. I've had roughly one meal per week of them -
24 plants - and while they're still flowering, they won't produce any
more pods.