Old 26-09-2008, 02:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike Derby[_2_] Mike Derby[_2_] is offline

Default avocado

"Nick Maclaren" wrote in message
Seriously. It has been a VERY good year for them, due to the low
temperatures, lack of sun and near-continual rain. Some of my
leaf vegetables have been wiped out by them. Well, omitting the
puppy dog's tails, of course ....
---

Since my wife and I attracted hedgehogs to our garden, we have been almost
slug and snail free. Pre hedgehogs, our hostas and other large leaved plants
were almost devastated by the blighters. Whilst we have been watching, the
most hedgehogs visiting on the one evening have been eight - adult and
young.
We provide them with two low bowls of rainwater and dried cat food every
night. Their favourite food provided by us is Royal Canin Fit 32.
Our hedgehogs have expensive tastes, a small price to pay if it keeps our
garden slug and snail free.

MD.