Old 09-04-2003, 10:32 PM
Chip G.

Default Lawn tractor

In article , Bluetobb
wrote:

I also recently purchased a new house, but on 3.8 acres with more than
3 acres to cut (sloped at that). I similarly went through the search
process. I would recommend a trip to Home Depot to look at the John
Deere 100 series tractors. You can easily get a 48" cut tractor for
that budget. Good luck.

I just bought a new house on 3.7 acres of land. We need to purchase a
new tractor to mow about 2-2.5 acres of it, as well as pull a cart.
There is a half acre grove of trees that needs to be mowed and some
reasonable size hills.

The last owner offered to sell us a 2 year old yard machines 17hp 42"
cut for $900. I am pretty sure this is not enough mower for the job
and I think she is asking to much. Am I right?

So... the hunt begins. We have from $1500 to $2500 MAX, I really want
a 48" cut. My hunt has lead me to Sears Craftman mowers. I was looking
at model 27324 a 25hp 48" automatic with cruise control and B&S
engine. This would cost after tax and delivery $2550. After reading
some of the lawn tractor threads here I see that craftsman may not be
all that I thought. Is the tractor I am looking at going to hack it?
Any ideas on tractors that will do the job and are within my price
range that would be a better choice?

--
--Chip
remove dots in prefix to fix email address