Old 26-09-2008, 11:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Nick Maclaren Nick Maclaren is offline

Default My climbing French beans

In article ,
Rusty Hinge 2 writes:
| The message
| from Amethyst Deceiver contains these words:
|
| There was nearly a frost this morning. The flowers keep falling off.
|
| Try misting them. It sounds like a dearth of pollinating insects to me.

Well, that wouldn't help, then. Yes, one of the reasons that low
temperatures reduce setting is by discouraging bees, but that can
be resolved only by hand pollination. And they don't set well if
the temperature is too low, bees or no bees.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.