Old 23-02-2003, 04:39 PM
animaux

Default weed & Feed - when may my baby go back on the lawn ??

On Sun, 23 Feb 2003 13:17:59 GMT, Tom Jaszewski
wrote:

Next time read the precautions BEFORE you threaten the health and
welfare of your children. Then don't buy the crap and learn to use
simple compost and organic fertilizers to end up with a lawn where the
weeds are out competed

Ya know, this is so true. I had all sorts of winter and summer weeds in the
turfgrass when the house was first built. I continued to mow before weeds went
to seed, I fertilized at half the rate the bag said to use (certified organic)
and top dress with compost, about 1/4 inch every spring, hand pulled larger
thistles, and I have not a weed.

Henbit is a pretty little wildflower in winter and so I don't do anything with
that. It helps aerate the soil and melts in April when the heat arrives.

If people would simply give it a chance and stop being lemmings, led by the
cutesy commercial ads with cartoon weeds and bugs (which are actually insects,
not bugs) we'd be a much safer place to live.