Old 09-04-2003, 10:32 PM
Penny Morgan

Default Snakes are out and about

Well, it's Wednesday, and I just found my second snake of the season. My
cat just earned her keep. This one was a common Garter Snake and only a
baby (6"), but I found it dead in the grass on my front lawn.

It will be interesting to see how many snakes the cats will hunt down this
spring. I know that snakes are beneficial in keeping mice, voles and moles
at bay, but I already have 3 cats and a dog that do this for me. So it
doesn't hurt my feelings to find dead snakes. I just want to be able to
wander freely in my yard without stepping on one.

This is my first spring in this house. I'll keep you posted.

Penny
"Penny Morgan" wrote in message
Just wanted to make people aware that I found my first baby (12")

Copperhead
Snake on Saturday. My cat was playing with it and it was coiled up with
just its head out of the grass. Make sure you watch your step and wear
shoes in the grass.

I live in N. Raleigh near Mt. Vernon Church and Creedmoor Rd.

Penny