Old 27-09-2008, 11:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Growing Shitake, Lions Mane and Oyster Mushrooms

"Mary Fisher" wrote
Never tried but I'll be interested in the answers!

The only edible mushrooms I've had here grew unintentionally - blewits in
the ground, oyster on a log left standing around by Himself.

If you had left the Oyster log where it was you could have had Oyster
mushrooms on and off for up to 5 or, if very lucky, 10 years.
T & M sell the spawn and tell you how to insert it in fresh hardwood logs,
it's not difficult. Getting the fresh 3 to 4 ft long logs may be unless you
know a treefeller.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden