Old 28-09-2008, 09:52 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mary Fisher Mary Fisher is offline

Default Growing Shitake, Lions Mane and Oyster Mushrooms

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message

"Mary Fisher" wrote
Never tried but I'll be interested in the answers!

The only edible mushrooms I've had here grew unintentionally - blewits in
the ground, oyster on a log left standing around by Himself.

If you had left the Oyster log where it was you could have had Oyster
mushrooms on and off for up to 5 or, if very lucky, 10 years.

No, they just stopped coming. The log is still there :-)

T & M sell the spawn and tell you how to insert it in fresh hardwood logs,
it's not difficult. Getting the fresh 3 to 4 ft long logs may be unless
you know a treefeller.

I'm married to one.

But I have no faith in T&M and couldn't be bothered trying to grow fungi,
I'm just delighted when I find it!

Mary

--
Regards