Old 28-09-2008, 04:37 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Tree too close to house?

On Sat, 27 Sep 2008 19:17:26 +0100, Mitulove
wrote:

Hello,
Another question about the plants in my new garden..
We've got this maple (I think) growing very close to the house. It
comes out of the ground just 4 inches or so away from the wall. I
can't imagine why someone would have purposely planted it like that,
yet there it is, growing very happily. Is this kind of tree going to
cause problems? Any advice gratefully received.
Thanks,
Lanna

Maple trees can grow to 50 feet and 2 feet diameter. Your tree has no
room to grow to its fullest potential. I have a healthy 70-foot
sweet gum tree next to my two-story house, but it is 5 feet away from
the foundation.