Old 28-09-2008, 03:21 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Default Best time to seed lawn?

On Sep 27, 4:27*pm, Peter Pan wrote:
Tony Sivori wrote:
I know it is in the Fall, but when when in the Fall? I'm in Zone 6a
(Louisville, KY) and I'd like to know the best time to seed the lawn.

I'm in NJ *I did mine last weekend. * Traditionally fall and spring is
he best time to seed. I prefer fall, it allows the roots to strengthen
over the winter so when spring roles around, you have a nice healthy lawn..
I also aerate ever year too, but then again I own the aerator so it
doesn't cost me anything.

Yes, here in NJ early Sept is the beginning of the window, end of the
window is early Oct. So, for KY I'd say you should be good to go
right now.