Old 28-09-2008, 01:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Broadback Broadback is offline

Default Complete Newbie to veg growing!

Caz wrote:
I have decided to grow veg on raised beds and have no idea where to start. I
have a small piece of lawn that I will be converting. Does anybody have any
recommendations for a book to give me ideas and advice. I'm presuming (maybe
wrongly) that I can't actually plant anything right now but would like to
begin preparations for spring planting. Any advice greatly received.

Caz

Now is the time to plant onion sets and garlic cloves, though these do
take up rather a lot of space and will remain in the ground until mid
Summer. Also now is a good time to grow broad beans.