Old 28-09-2008, 04:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_3_] Sacha[_3_] is offline

Default Overwintering of plants

On 28/9/08 15:42, in article
, "Judith in
France" wrote:
snip

I have just been talking with Edward about this and we think we will
buy a new large poly tunnel thing with heating as you describe. Now
where to buy a reasonably priced one of a size to overwinter about 15
hanging baskets and bring them on again in the Spring, grow tomatoes,
cucumber and other soft stuff, my melons were a total failure.

Judith

Apart from Googling, I'd look in local free ad type papers, though you'd
probably have to replace the polythene. But asking local farmers and
growers for advice would be a good start. Bearing in mind that you don't
get vents in poly tunnels, make sure yours opens at both ends because in hot
weather you'll need that.

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.com