Old 28-09-2008, 06:59 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Mark[_9_] Mark[_9_] is offline

Default A1 Question - lettuce under grow lights -- which kind is best

I live in the Pacific Northwest and the next few months we
won't be able to harvest lettuce in the garden. Being we have
a grow light system for seeding in Feb to April, I thought
we'd try to use this system for growing salad greens now.
Does anybody have suggestions on which salad greens will grow
best (to maturity) under grow lights? We're a little unsure of
which to grow - we've started lettuce under the lights early
in the year but have always planted them outside as seedlings.
Gratefully,
Mark and Patricia