Old 28-09-2008, 05:43 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Stubby[_2_] Stubby[_2_] is offline

Default Killing "Weed Trees"

Many years ago people killed stumps by pounding a copper penny or two into
them. Pennies don't have much copper these days so I doubt this will work,
but copper nails are available. Let us know if you try it and if it works.

You might try getting some copper sulfate and sprinkling that on the stump.
That chemical used to be dragged around in burlap bags in order to get rid
of algae in swimming pools.

"Gary" wrote in message
Thanks trader and KC.

I took your advice and made some inquiries at my local yard and garden
center. They recommended RoundUp Weed and Grass Killer "Concentrate

Plus".
It comes in a 16 oz. white bottle with a red cap. The guy who helped me
told me the same thing -- brush it on at full concentrate (undiluted) to

the
freshly cut stump with a paint brush. He added that drilling holes or
cutting grooves in the stump and applying the RoundUp inside might help it
penetrate and kill better.

I'll try this in a couple days.