Old 09-04-2003, 10:56 PM
Bippy

Default Snakes are out and about

"Penny Morgan" wrote in message
m...
| Well, it's Wednesday, and I just found my second snake of the
season. My
| cat just earned her keep. This one was a common Garter Snake and
only a
| baby (6"), but I found it dead in the grass on my front lawn.
|
| It will be interesting to see how many snakes the cats will hunt
down this
| spring. I know that snakes are beneficial in keeping mice, voles
and moles
| at bay, but I already have 3 cats and a dog that do this for me. So
it
| doesn't hurt my feelings to find dead snakes. I just want to be
able to
| wander freely in my yard without stepping on one.

Hubby says that snake might not be dead at all. In the cold weather
they look dead, but they come "back ta life" when the weather warms up
(or when ya bring 'em into the house to show 'em to your kids). grin

Course, it might've just been a stick. ;o) You sure you didn't just
call it a snake to make for a more interesting post?