Old 29-09-2008, 04:06 AM posted to aus.gardens
Jeßus[_4_] Jeßus[_4_] is offline

Default best value water tanks??

FarmI wrote:
"Jeßus" wrote in message

Dare I ask about pros and cons of the various brands of pressure pumps
commonly available?

Are they all more-or-less the same or do some stand out as better (price
ranges being similar). More importantly - any to stay away from?

Can't really help you too much there. Onga and Davey seem to be the most
common round here and we've (so far) had no problems from the Onga pumps we
have.

No worries at all and thanks, it was mainly pure curiosity for the time
being.

I have a 5000 gal tank here, couldn't even tell you the brand of pump
offhand (was already set up when I bought the property).

But I am thinking about a much larger tank later down the track - I have
a permanent creek down the back of the property - water quality appears
excellent (although I haven't had it tested). Its the same water that
they use for the town water anyway.
Beyond the creek is all uphill to about 50m, so I'm thinking gravity
feed would work extremely well.