Old 29-09-2008, 01:36 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_3_] Sacha[_3_] is offline

Default Overwintering of plants

On 29/9/08 01:18, in article , "Anne
Welsh Jackson" wrote:

Sacha wrote:

I was under the impression that it was illegal to grow surfinias
from cuttings, unless you're a grower, with a licence to do so...

Oh indeed, Ray spends a lot of his time chasing people who
take illegal cuttings from Nemesia Bluebird and sell them on for
thousands of pounds. Or rather, his agent does. Those home
gardening ladies are financial leeches, I tell you.

Yet you are encouraging Judith to take part in an illegal operation?

We're really worried about it here, I can tell you. No Caribbean holiday
for us next year on the strength of Judith and Val's collusion to undermine
serious nurserymen. (I wonder why you mentioned only Judith)
Tell you what, Anne. You go round your neighbours, scouting out all the
amateur gardeners taking illegal cuttings of plants with pbr and then report
them to the licensed propagators. And then come back and tell us what
answer you get.
Ray's agent went after one major grower in USA for doing this. I've yet to
hear of him - or us - worrying about Mrs Smith in Acacia Avenue.
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.com