Old 29-09-2008, 11:51 PM
bob123 bob123 is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam View Post
I'm trying to find a Lime tree that is going to do well over here in Perth.

I've tried the Tahitian Lime before, but it's fruit never ripened on the
tree properly. It was very healthy otherwise.

I have since heard that the Palestine Sweet Lime is a good choice for over
here. Has anyone had any experience with these (maybe also known as Indian
Sweet Lime)? If so, has anyone seen them for sale here?

I'd also like to try a couple of the newer native lime varieties that have
been released in the Eastern states. I can't find them in any nurseries in
Perth, and am unable to get an interstate nursery to send any over (WA has
strict rules for live plant imports, even interstate). I'd like to try the
Australian Blood Lime, and maybe one of the Finger Lime or Desert Lime
varieties. Has anyone out there had success with the Native Limes?

Thanks,

Liam.
I would reccomend to get a mexican lime or a mexican key lime tree. These are very hardy plants that can survive some frost they will also bare large amounts of fruit.