Old 30-09-2008, 12:09 AM
bob123 bob123 is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitmar5 View Post
Hello,

I am trying to sprout some orange seeds from a little tree I had (& died). How
long should I let the seed sit in the soil before I call it a failure & throw
it out? Two of the seeds have sprouted, but none of the other six have. They
been sitting there for maybe a couple weeks. Have I failed? :-(

Thanks,
Mari
You have not failed. germinating a citrus seed can take 1 to 5 weeks. To make it germinate quicker, you can peel the skin off of the orange seed, then you should soak it in water for 24 hours then plant it in fertiile soil.