Old 29-09-2008, 08:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
[email protected] helene@urbed.coop is offline

Default Complete Newbie to veg growing!

On 28 Sep, 11:19, "Caz" wrote:
I have decided to grow veg on raised beds and have no idea where to start. I
have a small piece of lawn that I will be converting. Does anybody have any
recommendations for a book to give me ideas and advice. I'm presuming (maybe
wrongly) that I can't actually plant anything right now but would like to
begin preparations for spring planting. Any advice greatly received.

A couple of good books would be Organic Gardening by Lawrence D. Hills
and Practical allotment gardneing by Caroline Foley. The first will
guide you towards understanding your soil and the crops for it and the
second has practical info from building raised beds to compost and
from planting to mulching and off course composting! Both will be
brilliant for you. After that, just ask!