Old 30-09-2008, 02:46 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Steve Young Steve Young is offline

Default lead exposure from hoses

"General Schvantzkopf" wrote

On Mon, 29 Sep 2008 17:47:06 +0000, jellybean stonerfish wrote:

City water sucks.

Why don't you add a big carbon filter to your water line?. I have a well
with huge amounts of iron so I have an iron filter followed by a water
softener followed by a 6" whole house carbon filter, after all that my
water tastes great.

Do you chlorinate or otherwise kill potential bacteria?

If not, you're lucky it hasn't feasted on the carbon filter for lunch.

Once it does, you'll have trouble telling which smells worse,

your sewer or your house water