Old 01-10-2008, 04:01 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
General Schvantzkopf General Schvantzkopf is offline

Default lead exposure from hoses

I always let the water run for a while before drinking but mainly to let
it cool down, not over any worries about lead. This whole lead thing
seems like a scam to me, like global warming or the asbestos panic. Or
the cranberries-cause-cancer scare of 30 years ago. Based on my
observations over the last 50 years or so, they'll probably be
recommending that we take lead supplements regularlty within the next 5
years. And there will probably be asbestos dust inhalers issued by the
FDA to clean your lungs. Anything the "experts" say will probably be
wrong, like the high-carb diet they touted for so long to prevent
obesity and heart attacks.

Paul

Do you remember the Woody Allen movie sleeper where he wakes up 200 years
in the future and they give him a cigarette?. He says I don't smoke and
they tell him don't worry it's tobacco, it's one of the healthiest things
for you.