Old 01-10-2008, 02:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rusty Hinge 2 Rusty Hinge 2 is offline

Default Honey fungus panic!

The message
from Janet Conroy contains
these words:

We had a large conifer chopped down and the stump ground out last year.
In the last couple of days something that looks horribly like honey
fungus has popped up. I've read up about it and apparently it can grow
on roots. We can't do anything about the roots - they go under the
lawn, into next door, and, probably, under the house!
I know I need to clear the area, but what is the best chemical to treat
the ground with??

Dunno about the ground, but treat the caps with boiling spiced vinegar
with a touch of sea salt, after soaking them and discarding the slimy
water.

Bottle, and seal.

--
Rusty