Old 01-10-2008, 03:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mary Fisher Mary Fisher is offline

Default Honey fungus panic!

"Rusty Hinge 2" wrote in message
k...
The message

And I have had similar problems with another fungus in my garden.
Why daemonise just honey fungus?

When I pick a mushroom (for mushroom, read anything with a cap atop a
stipe) and it has uninvited guests in it, I put it gills-down (or
tubes-down) in a likely place, either in the garden, or under a tree
with which it associates, just in the hope of having 'similar
problems'...

I've tried that. It's never worked.

I started cooking the uninvited guests along with the mushrooms, no-one
would know. Even I forget by the time I'm eating them.

Mary