Old 01-10-2008, 06:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_3_] Sacha[_3_] is offline

Default Honey fungus panic!

On 1/10/08 14:49, in article ,
"Rusty Hinge 2" wrote:

The message
from Sacha contains these words:

You used to be able to get Armillatox
to treat the ground with but I don't know if it's still available or is one
of those EU 'banned substance' thingies.

I believe it is not officially tested, so can't be used as a fungicide,
though it may be available under a different name for (allegedly) a
different purpose.

IME, it didn't work, anyway.

I used it in the Jersey garden that had the problem and it seemed to work
but OTOH, it might have simply run out of raw material! I am told that
most large gardens (which mine was not) have some, somewhere, much of the
time but it rarely becomes a noticeable problem. It does seem to depend on
what it has available to feed on!
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.com