Old 01-10-2008, 07:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rusty Hinge 2 Rusty Hinge 2 is offline

Default Honey fungus panic!

The message
from "Mary Fisher" contains these words:

When I pick a mushroom (for mushroom, read anything with a cap atop a
stipe) and it has uninvited guests in it, I put it gills-down (or
tubes-down) in a likely place, either in the garden, or under a tree
with which it associates, just in the hope of having 'similar
problems'...

I've tried that. It's never worked.

I started cooking the uninvited guests along with the mushrooms, no-one
would know. Even I forget by the time I'm eating them.

It's not recommended. Whatever mushrooms have been, the products of
decay and the visitors' leavings *MIGHT* develop into dangerous
alkaloids.

This isn't my theory, but advice from eminent mycologists.

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig