Old 02-10-2008, 09:37 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default lead exposure from hoses

"Pavel314" wrote in message
. ..

If you are joking I cannot tell so I will assume that you are serious about
this.

I always let the water run for a while before drinking but mainly to let
it cool down, not over any worries about lead. This whole lead thing seems
like a scam to me, like global warming or the asbestos panic.

Asbestos panic? Have you never heard of mesotheliom or asbestosis? These
are real and very serious conditions proven to be caused by asbestos and
accepted as such around the world.

Or the
cranberries-cause-cancer scare of 30 years ago. Based on my observations
over the last 50 years or so, they'll probably be recommending that we
take lead supplements regularlty within the next 5 years. And there will
probably be asbestos dust inhalers issued by the FDA to clean your lungs.
Anything the "experts" say will probably be wrong, like the high-carb diet
they touted for so long to prevent obesity and heart attacks.

Paul

Likewise lead ingestion is proven to be a serious long term health hazard
accepted by the medical profession around the world. Did you never wonder
why leaded petrol was banned?

I am not saying that every fad diet or new thought about food or ingestion
of substances is good science - far from it. But the fact that there are
silly and unproved fads about eating does not mean you dismiss dangers that
have been supported by powerful evidence for a long time.

David