Old 02-10-2008, 03:19 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
CanopyCo CanopyCo is offline

Default lead exposure from hoses

On Sep 29, 12:47*pm, jellybean stonerfish
wrote:
On Mon, 29 Sep 2008 08:39:53 -0700, CanopyCo wrote:
On Sep 28, 2:47*pm, Billy wrote:
In article
,

This is a good argument for plastic faucets for people, especially
those with young children because a metal faucet is a source of lead in
drinking water.
--

Actually, the only lead in the water system of a house is from soldered
joints.

First I ramble.
Actually, if you buy a faucet, in CA, there will often be a lead warning
notice, saying something about the faucet having lead, and to let it run
for a moment, to flush it out, before using it for drinking water. *There
was one in my new faucet, purchased a couple of years ago.

Google ( lead faucet ca )

I don't know where you live, but in california, brass plumbing fixtures
do contain lead.

My pipes are copper with "Lead Free" solder. *( is "Lead Free" solder
really lead free? ) and run under dirt, all the way to my faucet, so if I
run the water for 20 seconds, it is nice and cold. *The lead from the
brass, if any, is rinsed away, and all I taste is chlorine and copper.

City water sucks.-

Wow, I'll be dammed.
Even the faucet it's self is contaminated?
We are screwed.