Old 02-10-2008, 02:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rusty Hinge 2 Rusty Hinge 2 is offline

Default Honey fungus panic!

The message
from "Mary Fisher" contains these words:

/snip/

Can you guarantee that you have never or will never consume 'visitors'
leavings' on any item of food you take in?

Of course not - but I do eschew holy bits...

This isn't my theory, but advice from eminent mycologists.

My friend who said that I was wasting good food by eschewing maggots in
blewits was one such,

I picked a wood blewit in the garden this morning - in a 'likely' place
I'd 'seeded' with some bases of stipes two or three years ago.

he practised what he preached as a professional
agricultural advisor and died at 98 years old in an accident involving a
tractor.

Presumably the tractor wasn't paying attention?

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig