Old 03-10-2008, 03:28 AM
tjr tjr is offline
Registered User

Default Greenhouse Base - how level?

Hi All,

I'm about to build a greenhouse on some existing paving slabs. The slabs are very firmly laid, but are not perfectly level. I'm building a 4' x 6' greenhouse and along the 6' length the slabs are virtually level, but along the 4' length it drops by about 15mm. I'm using a metal base supplied with the greenhouse. With this amount of fall is it OK to bolt the base directly to the slabs, or should I try and level it up (if so using what?)? The greenhouse is in a sheltered site, so it won't have to content with very high winds.

I'd appreciate any advice.