Old 03-10-2008, 03:08 PM
Granity Granity is offline
Registered User

Location: Bedfordshire

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjr View Post
Hi All,

I'm about to build a greenhouse on some existing paving slabs. The slabs are very firmly laid, but are not perfectly level. I'm building a 4' x 6' greenhouse and along the 6' length the slabs are virtually level, but along the 4' length it drops by about 15mm. I'm using a metal base supplied with the greenhouse. With this amount of fall is it OK to bolt the base directly to the slabs, or should I try and level it up (if so using what?)? The greenhouse is in a sheltered site, so it won't have to content with very high winds.

I'd appreciate any advice.
I love people who mix feet and millimeters :-)

Probably won't matter too much if it's polycarbonate glazed but with glass it is a bit of a strain on the structure which eventually will shorten it's life, but you don't really need to worry. You can easily level it using drymix under the low side, put it in position, level using a couple of bits of tile or something, then push drymix into the gap and leave to set. (or you could rip the slabs up and relay them :-( )