Old 03-10-2008, 05:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pete Stockdale Pete Stockdale is offline

Default Greenhouse Base - how level?

"shazzbat" wrote in message

If it's sheltered from strong winds I wouldn't even bother bolting it
down, when it's glazed it's not going to go anywhere. As for the fall, so
little is not going to be a problem unless it's in the direction that
means the rain will come off in the most inconvenient place, ie where you
can't site a water butt. But the bottom sections of many greenhouses are
shaped with a lip rather than being flat, this means that you can screw it
to timber, I would use as heavy as possible, and this also gives you the
opportunity to adjust the fall.

But tjr has already told us that has a metal base.
Why introduce a rot factor by incorporating timber ?

If you do not start off with a level base you run the risk of assembly
troubles the nature of which depends on the style of structure.

Been there - done that ( with a Halls Ally 8 x 6ft one) !!

Regards
Pete
www.thecanalshop.com